in-trep-id – characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance

This is my journal of places, people and passions I experience during my drive in the 2004 Dodge Intrepid from New Hamshire to Arizona.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Houston - The Intrepid has Landed....

I thought I'd get to bed early on Friday Nite (by 10pm) and get at least 8 hours sleep - well with all good intentions - I think I was just too excited for the LONGEST day of driving. I was up and out of the hotel in San Antonio by 6:30am - they sky was still dark and the streets were deserted. With a cup of coffee, a Mocha Tonic and a quick breakfast - Off I went. The drowsies only happened about 11am - and by 1pm - I was totally re-charged and ready for the LONG Haul....


I passed Windmill Farms,














Plains as far as the Eye can see,





Herds of Cattle, a REAL Road Runner,









Legal Speed Limits of 80 MPH,














a magnificent sunset and 13 hours of driving to Phoenix.














When I arrived at 7pm to 1630 Gardenia - I realized I clocked a total of 3,267 miles from NH to AZ - Woo Hoo
I hope that I was able to express how blessed I am for this fabulous journey and what it meant to me and now is really only the beginning of the NEXT best of my life.. Stay tuned for more adventures...

1 comment:

Kevin and Carina said...

Hey Claire!

It's late at night, I'm sitting in Potsdam, Germany, listening to 965.TheMill on Internet (J.C. Mellancamp "I fight Authority"), and reading about your drive throughout the American South-West. You may be the only person in your car, Claire, but you're never alone.

Carina & I hope you have lots of fun on the way and wish you all the best for your new life in AZ.

Lots of love,

Kevin & Carina