in-trep-id – characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance

This is my journal of places, people and passions I experience during my drive in the 2004 Dodge Intrepid from New Hamshire to Arizona.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Walking the Walk - San Antonio Riverwalk that is....

I left Austin on a sad note (no pun intended) and headed south (further south anyway). I needed to make a stop for gas and was Highly Surprised to find THE Best Outlet shopping stores I've seen in my life (and Outlet Shopping is a way of life in NH & ME). I'm also very proud at the restraint I exercised by only making purchases in 2 stores (I HAD to leave or would certainly shop more).


I then made a stop in Gruene TX - which came Highly Recommended by Ms Karen - and had a quick lunch at the Gristmill Restaurant - the Tortilla Soup IS REALLY Awesome. The bartended told me I just missed the rush. This resturaunt can seat up to 1000 people and in the summer will serve over 4000 a day!!



It was the Perfect Day to wander the Walkways of the River in San Antonio after checking into the Grand Hyatt. I also determined I'm glad I was there on a warm day in February and not at peak season - as I'm sure I or someone near me would end up in the Water (there are NO railings and the walks are NOT very wide).


















I grabbed a bite to eat (THE Best BLT Ever) and a couple of pints at the Mad Dog Brittish Pub - if you ever visit the Riverwalk - ask for Matthew from NY State....He'll take great care of you...

No comments: