in-trep-id – characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance

This is my journal of places, people and passions I experience during my drive in the 2004 Dodge Intrepid from New Hamshire to Arizona.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Memphis was a bust....or a duck... or

Monday Feb 9th I Checked into the Holiday Inn Select Downtown Memphis after driving through the rain from Nashville...was dead tired (or a bit hungover still), and decided to chill and head out for a bite to eat. I was in the mood for a Burger (not BBQ - go figure) and discovered the Kooky Canuck just around the corner - how appropriate. Must say it was an excellent meal.

And NO I did Not do the 4lb burger challenge (reminded me of the day I was at Billy's Sports Bar in Manchester and the first ever GIRL made it through his 4 burger challenge - still dont know where she put it all)....


I got up in the AM to head over the Peabody Hotel in time for the March of the Famous Peabody Ducks. They come down the elevator from their "Penthouse" down the red carpet and up into the Lobby Fountain. I witnessed this crazy tourist attraction back in 1994 in Orlando FL with Ms Christina Lepore (still single at the time) and thought how quaint.... that was also the trip I had my very first Cigar - Punch Presidente!!!

I met a really nice couple from Syracuse, NY and they told me that I didnt miss much not going out in Memphis - its was totally dead and lots of places closing down. Looks like the economy is hitting that town hard. Either that or the Blues Festival the week before took everyone down!! LOL

I was all rested for the 7+ hour drive to Dallas across I-40 through Arkansas and into Texas. A couple of spots of EXTREME heavy Rain - but most of the way was warm enough to drive with the roof wide open... Ah Fresh Air... over 2000 miles and not sure how many more to go...

No comments: