in-trep-id – characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance

This is my journal of places, people and passions I experience during my drive in the 2004 Dodge Intrepid from New Hamshire to Arizona.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Texas Hospitali-TEA....and then some


Just outside of Dallas, I met a Handsome and Polite Officer. He pulled me over to inquire how I was doing? Well really because I was speeding (It wasnt my fault the limit changed from 70 to 60!!) After producing my license, registration and proof of insurance, he told me I was going to find a HUGE change in weather from NH to AZ - and that I also did a great job of packing up my car (yes with all my "personal" possessions). He also inquired if I was transporting anything illegal (firearms, fireworks, cocaine or drugs) and I told him of course not officer, I'm a good girl from NH. He smiled a very big Texas smile and was on his way (to pull over another un-suspecting motorist...)


I pulled into Euless TX just about 8pm and was greeted by Ellen's Good friend Dorcas - as she was my host for the evening. I was also greeted by another handsome boy - Wyatt - (who I hear is Sophie's Boyfriend, even though they've never met). We went to a wonderful Italian restaurant in Grapevine TX - and on our way home the Siren's went off - warning us to take cover. Once we got into the house - the hail started, the winds howled and Dorcas told me the SAFE spot was either in the bathroom or her closet!! OMG - this was a REAL Tornado Warning. It lasted about 20 mins then the News came back on to report how fast it was moving and the devistation that hit Oklahoma. I was crashed in bed by 10pm in the softest sheets ever.. Thanks again Dorcas....

No comments: