in-trep-id – characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance

This is my journal of places, people and passions I experience during my drive in the 2004 Dodge Intrepid from New Hamshire to Arizona.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Long Haul Lavigne - Driving Day

What was I thinking (or not) when I left Baltimore at 8am - holly traffic man!! Getting out of MD wasnt too bad, but the DC area - I think it might even be worse than Boston!! At one point I thought I drove in the wrong direction when I saw this sign...




I took a detour to drive the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway - got to the entrace of the "National Park" $10 entrace fee - and then the Park Ranger said only 5 miles were open because the rest was closed due to ICE - again - I thought I left NH!!!

Interstate 81 was just like driving through New England (Vermont, Western MA, NY Area) with just a light dusting of snow left behind. I made great time and pulled into the Four Points Sheraton in Asheville, NC around 4:30 pm - GREAT veiw of the Smokey Mountains coming down Rte 26..... I could so live here!!




Heading into downtown to grab a bite to eat, and hopefully find some fun & live music tonight. Going to try to visit the Biltmore Estate tomorrow before heading into Nashville. Karen's flight comes in around 4:00pm - and as long as I can get settled into the Apartment we rented, I'll pick her up at the Airport. If I cant unload all the stuff in the front seat (and make room for her luggage) - a Cab it will be!! LOL

Happy Travels....

The Northern Girl had a Southern Treat last night - Fried Green Tomato's with Goat Cheese Grits and Basil - WOW - Yum.... Awesome Restaurant - Tupelo Honey Cafe, then out for Live Music & Dancing at Teressa's

No comments: